Welcome to TANNERITE®
The Original Exploding Target
This is the home of Tannerite®, the only company to successfully patent the Binary Exploding Rifle Target.
Safe and Legal: Tannerite® Brand targets are specifically designed to be safe and only initiated by a centerfire rifle. Only Tannerite® holds a valid patent on Binary Exploding Rifle Targets. We have spent many years perfecting our product. This product must be used as instructed. Follow the directions! If you have a questions, please contact us!
New Product – 20 Shot Gift Pack
Tannerite® 20 Shot Gift Pack – NEW!
New for 2020 – 20 Shot Gift Pack + Tumbler.
Just in time for Christmas!
For full detailed explanations, visit our FAQ page!
To reliably initiate, Tannerite® brand targets need to be hit solidly with a transonic (ital) round. A transonic round is one going 2,000 feet per second or faster. All other things being equal, larger diameter bullets work better than smaller ones..
- .223/5.56mm NATO (the common AR15/M16 or Ruger Mini-14 round)
- 5.45x39mm (the AK-74 round)
- 6mm Remington
- .243 Winchester
- 7.62x39mm (the AK-47 round)
- 7mm Remington Magnum
- .300 Savage
- .308/7.62mm NATO
- .300 Remington Magnum
- .338 Remington Magnum
- .50 Browning (the .50 caliber machine gun round)
Tannerite® brand targets are meant to be stored in a dry, room temperature location and can last about 10 years!
Place ¼, ½, and 1 lb targets down range at least 100 yards before shooting. Place 2 lb targets 200 yards down range before shooting.
Legal use of these targets is as a shot indicator ONLY. Do not mix over 2lb per shot.
Have a blast! Shop for your favorite Tannerite® Targets!
Tannerite® Half 2 Pack ~ Two 1/2 Pound Targets
Two Half Pack (2 pack of 1/2lb targets)
Tannerite® Official. Original, Patented Binary Reactive Targets • U.S.A. Made.
THIS. IS. TANNERITE.
show us your pics and vids! look for giveaways and coupons! TAG IT!
- Treat all binary targets with respect. Misuse of binary targets could result in serious injuries or death
- To ensure a homogeneous composition, be sure to use the mixing container that’s included with every Tannerite® brand binary rifle target purchase and shake well to achieve uniform mixing
- Place ¼, ½, and 1 lb targets down range at least 100 yards before shooting. Place 2 lb targets 200 yards down range before shooting.
- We recommend elevating the target above the ground to reduce the amount of flying debris
- Remember that the legal use of these targets is as a shot indicator only
- Mix the targets at the range and shoot them immediately. Do not transport, store, or sell the mixed composition unless you have the appropriate explosives endorsements
- Always wear ear and eye protection
- Be sure to use in a remote area only and respect the adjoining property owner’s right to tranquility
- Do not use target in locations where a general fire order is in effect and do not use target near combustible materials
- As always, respect local noise ordinances and always use Tannerite® Brand Binary Rifle Targets as directed by the manufacturer
- Please store at room temperature in a dry location
- Never place these targets inside, on top of, or under any metal, rock, or other surfaces that could produce flying debris or sparks, or within another object. This is dangerous and constitutes improper use of the product.
86507 College View Road
Eugene, OR 97405